Just another day in the long journey of growing up. While I was thinking what I should be doing on my 25th birthday, I was sure that I didn’t want to be partying which I never had a liking for. After giving a thought about it for a moment I realized that I should be doing what I love the most – writing, working and a little bit of music to spur things up, all in the world of my solitariness . I’m of course past the age where I should be cutting a cake and all those child stuffs and more to a point where I should be looking back at life and having a retrospect.
Yesterday was a wonderful day for me and while I was sharing this happiness with one of my friends and mentor, this is what he said – “You have come a long way.”
Yes indeed I have come a long way. So why not I start with patting myself on the back. I’m glad that I grew up to the person I am today. I could have been someone else and I’m delighted that I didn’t traverse those paths. So let this post be about the wisdom I might have shared to my younger self or to my younger brothers and sisters.
- You should have started the habit of reading earlier
- Life is unfair and you need to learn to get used to it. You will see yourself at the receiving end of this unfair advantages many times in life
- Luck do exist but as someone said, it favors the prepared.
- You need to accept some truths in life and understand that you shouldn’t be spending time and energy on them as the more productive thing you could be doing is to channelize that energy onto the things that matter you the most in life
I wouldn’t also mind sharing the quotes from Meditations as well:
- Do what’s in front to you with precise and genuine seriousness, tenderly, willingly with justice
- All you have to do is to be attentive to the power inside you and worship it sincerely
- Don’t be ashamed to need help
- Practice even what seems impossible
On this day I am also thankfully remembering my parents for believing in me, my mentors for pushing and motivating me on dark cloudy days and my friends for standing by my side.
comments powered by Disqus
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep….